Islamic Society of North America
September 2016 – Current
Responsible for communicating the organization’s mission and activities to its members, the media, elected officials, government agencies, and the general public, and establishing and maintaining positive relationships with them.
- Work closely with the Secretary General and ISNA leadership on all aspects of public relations and communications. This includes the creation and implementation of public relations strategies and the management of all program elements, including media advisories, press releases, online media and other forms of targeted press outreach.
- Keep management aware of public attitudes and the concerns of the many groups and organizations with which they must deal.
- Supervise all external communications related to ISNA news including press releases, presentations and talking points for leadership for various events and press conferences.
- Respond to inquiries from the general public and industry constituents as appropriate.
- Raise awareness of ISNA’s strategic partnerships, and cultivates new or strengthens existing relationships with reporters and editors at the regional, national and international levels.
- Work closely with Secretary General to provide strategic counsel to Department Directors regarding general public relations opportunities and services. This includes but is not limited to developing press outreach, retaining external public relations support, and working with outside vendors to produce, monitor and evaluate coverage.
- Serve as liaison with publications, multi-media outlets, and production companies.
- Supervise the website – content; updates; web-based methods for better communication and marketing.
- Supervise the production of Islamic Horizons, ISNA’s flagship publication.
- Supervise staff and budget.
- Develop and execute plans for the organization’s communication.
June 2015 – August 2016
Promoted awareness of organization and communicate with constituents through media relations, marketing, public relations and communications. Support leadership in creating communications for fund development, special events, conferences and media appearances.
- Drafted press releases, media advisories and talking points for leadership media appearances
- Developed innovative and creative media content across social media platforms
- Gained over 60,000 new Facebook likes for organization’s page within first year and doubling the organization’s Facebook follower within first year
- Produced videos for promotion of organization and events/conferences
- Covered organization’s events by writing articles and taking photographs used in weekly newsletter and organization’s magazine, Islamic Horizons
- Edited and prepared organization’s magazine, Islamic Horizons, for publication
ThoughtFire Business Solutions
Operations and Project Coordinator
December 2012 – January 2015
Executed the company’s daily operations by prioritizing projects across the company and monitoring current performance and resources. Developed and designed materials and publications used for marketing and conducting training workshops.
- Leveraged Kanban principles to establish and implement project management system
- Conducted Comparative Marketing Analysis to identify top revenue generation items to support 5% growth rate goal
- Utilized Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office programs to design training materials, marketing collateral, and business essentials used during client meetings and training workshops
- Coordinated and planned 3 training workshops hosted internationally in North Africa
Education and Language Innovation
Client Relations Manager
March 2012 – November 2012
Planned and executed customer retention campaigns to maintain and improve client-business relationships. Increased sales by planning and executing marketing strategies for new client registrations. Managed customer service representative team.
- Leveraged Process Activity Mapping to streamline client registration
- Trained team of 5 customer service representatives to be proactive and upselling clients to increase sales
- Reduced client complaints by 50% by mentoring customer service representatives
- Conducted four-phase audit on all help desk tickets
- Reduced customer service response time from an average of 36 hours to 24 hours
- Established social media marketing to increase sales and advertise company